Back to: Pedagogy of English- Unit 5
An article writing is the writing done to reach a wide audience through magazines, newspapers, journals, etc. Writing an article requires a lot of research, time, patience, effort, and writing skills as it is for a large audience to read. The writing should be informative and understandable to the readers. The main focus while writing an article is to grab the attention of the audience.
Format of Article Writing
The format of article writing is as follows:
Select a topic that brings out the best of your writing skills. Choose a topic that will make you happy and comfortable while writing.
Select the Title
Choose a catchy title for your work that will grab the audience’s attention. The title plays a crucial role in making the audience want to read an article.
The article should contain an introductory paragraph that gives the reader an idea of the gist of what the entire content is about.
The body contains the main content for which the article has been written and it should contain all the necessary information.
The article should end with a concluding paragraph and it should give a brief summary of what has been stated in the entire article.
Purpose of Article Writing
The main purpose of article writing is as follows:
- The topic should be of the writer’s interest to bring out the best of the topic and build interest in the readers as well.
- The information provided should be relevant and accurate to educate the readers on the topic.
- The writing should be able to influence the readers positively and have a lasting effect on the reader’s mind.
- An article must be well written and easy to read to grab the attention of more audience and gain higher engagement.
- It brings a particular topic into the limelight and makes more people aware of the topic.
These are a few of the key points to keep in mind before beginning to write on a topic for a wide audience.