An article writing is the writing done to reach a wide audience through magazines, newspapers, journals, etc. Writing an article requires a lot of research, time, patience, effort, and writing skills as it is for a large audience to read. The writing should be informative and understandable to the readers. The main focus while writing an article is to grab the attention of the audience.
Characteristics of Article Writing
Select a topic that brings out the best of your writing skills. Choose a topic that will make you happy and comfortable while writing.
Select the Title
Choose a catchy title for your work that will grab the audience’s attention. The title plays a crucial role in making the audience want to read an article.
Focus on the Audience
When writing an article the main focus should be on the audience. The article should be written in a way that the audience will find easy and pleasant to read.
What has been written down should be relevant and connect with the title. Shifting away from the topic will lose the reader’s attention.
Using the same words, points, and phrases repeatedly will bore the readers and lose interest in continuing the reading.
The most important feature of article writing is that the work should be unique. Taking ideas and inspiration from other articles isn’t an issue but the work shouldn’t be plagiarised.
Objectives of Article Writing
- The topic should be of the writer’s interest to bring out the best of the topic and build interest in the readers as well.
- The information provided should be relevant and accurate to educate the readers on the topic.
- The writing should be able to influence the readers positively and have a lasting effect on the reader’s mind.
- An article must be well written and easy to read to grab the attention of more audience and gain higher engagement.
- It brings a particular topic into the limelight and makes more people aware of the topic.
These are a few of the key points to keep in mind before beginning to write on a topic for a wide audience.