A classroom is a place where students are taught knowledge and skills to prepare them for their future. It is the first place where a student begins to gain knowledge and experience, learn discipline, acquire skills, etc essential for a human being in a society. A classroom is a learning space where classes are conducted away from outside distractions.
What is Learning Inside the Classroom?
Learning inside the classroom is where the classes can take place uninterrupted from the outside world. It is a place where students are given knowledge and discipline inside a room to keep them away from distractions. All the learning and experience are given indoors to the students. Learning inside the classroom is an effective way of teaching the students as they tend to be more attentive and focused in the learning process. Learning inside the classroom can be a more systematic way of teaching the students.
What is Learning Outside the Classroom?
Learning outside the classroom means using other places to teach the students instead of an indoor classroom. The knowledge students gain is through outside experiences and practices rather than through lectures inside the classroom. Students will receive more challenges and gain practical experience learning outside than they would have learned inside the classroom. Though the focus of the students may not be much outside when compared to learning inside the classroom as there can be many distractions it will be more fun and exciting to learn for the students.
Difference Between Learning Inside and Outside the Classroom
Following are the differences between learning inside and outside the classroom:
- Learning inside the classroom means learning indoors in a room whereas learning outside the classroom means learning outdoor in an open area.
- There is less distraction and more focus on the students learning inside the classroom. There may be a greater distraction and less focus on the students learning outside the classroom.
- Learning inside involves more theoretical knowledge whereas learning outside the classroom will give more practical experience.
- Learning inside the classroom is more structured and formal whereas learning outside the classroom is less structured and informal.
- Fewer students are likely to be interested in the learning process inside the classroom as it mostly involves lectures. More students are likely to be interested in the learning process outside the classroom as it involves practical work and involves everyone in it.
- Learning inside the classroom focuses on student knowledge, discipline, and skills whereas learning inside the classroom focus more on behaviour, values and attitudes.
- The focus is short-term in learning inside the classroom. The focus is long-term in learning outside the classroom.
These are the differences between learning inside and outside the classroom. Both come with their own sets of pros and cons. Schools can opt for a hybrid way of teaching to make learning more beneficial for the students.