The positive emotion of a teacher does affect the learning process of the students. These positive emotions do contribute to the student’s academic performance, class presence, and overall well-being.
Positive Emotions Definition in Education
Emotion is a feeling or thought of a person that has an influence on their behavior. This may be happiness, sadness, fear, anger, joy, etc. Positive emotion just as the name suggests is the positive feeling and thoughts of a person. This includes only the pleasant and desirable feelings like happiness, interest, love, and more.
What are the Psychological Benefits of Positive Emotions ?
Such type of emotion is necessary for teachers when they are around their students. Teaching with positive emotion in class will be in the best interest of both the teacher and the student. The teacher will have fun teaching and the students as well will have fun in the learning process. Overall, the atmosphere of the class will be positive with positive emotions around.
Why Emotions of Teacher is Important?
The emotion of a teacher is important for a student to understand their own emotions as well as those of others. Apart from this, the emotions of a teacher in the classroom play a significant role in how well a student focuses in class. The positive emotions of a teacher which may be enjoyment, joy, hope, excitement, pride, and more can motivate the students both internally and externally. The positive emotions of a teacher will also help in the mental and social development of the students.
How does the Positive Emotions of Teacher Affect the Learners’ Learning Process?
The positive emotions of teachers affect the learning process in the following ways:
- More students are likely to be present in the class on a daily basis. Students will be more interested in the class lectures. They are likely to pay full attention during the class.
- The students will actually try to understand and catch up with what’s being taught in the class and more students will achieve good scores and higher grades in the subject.
- It will also help the students in identifying their strengths and weakness and work on improving in the fields that are lacking.
- The students will be more focused on their goals and work harder to achieve it. They will know the importance of time and hard work.
- The students will be responsible problem solvers. They will know what is needed to be done when and where.
The positive emotion of a teacher will not only be helpful in the learning process but also for the well-being of the student.