Role of Learner in Knowledge Construction and Transmission
Following are the roles of the learners in Knowledge Construction and Transmission:
- Learners are the participants of acquiring knowledge and they should actively get involved in the learning process.
- Learners should be able to use and relate the learnings gained by themselves as well as from others while acquiring knowledge.
- The learner should be able to produce a proper and satisfactory result with the information gained.
- The personal experience of the learner as well as what has been taught to him/her should be taken into consideration while learning.
- The learner should acquire, analyse and use the information gathered for abstract reasoning and dealing with novel situations.
- Learners must put their learnings and experiences to use for smart decision making, and solving problems responsibly.
- Learners should know how to face challenges, react to new things, and overcome everyday circumstances with what they have learned.
- The learner must try to remember the learnings for a long time and try to utilize the things learned in life.
These are the roles of a learner in Knowledge Construction and Transmission. What has been acquired in the learning process should be put to use too. Most importantly, the learner should participate actively in the learning process whether it be the learnings of his/her own or those obtained from others.