A group test as the name suggests is a type of test, where a large number of people are required to give the test at the same time. It may include questions of abstract reasoning and deal with novel situations. The time given for completion of the test is equal for every participant. Group Intelligence Test comes with its own sets of advantages and disadvantages which we will have a look into below.
Advantages of Group Intelligence Test
The advantages of the Group Intelligence Test are the following:
- Group Intelligence Test is time-saving as it consists of many people giving the yeast at the same time.
- The role of the invigilator is simplified when compared to the Individual Intelligence test.
- It is a much cheaper method of Intelligence test than the Individual Intelligence test.
- The scoring is more objective in group testing.
- Better rules are established for the participants to follow while giving the test.
- Less manpower and energy is required in group testing.
Disadvantages of Group Intelligence Test
Following are the disadvantages of the Group Intelligence Test:
- As the test is done in a group, it may get difficult to maintain cooperation among the group.
- The participant’s responses are more restricted.
- Inability to assess each participant by the invigilator.
- The result and information of group testing are less accurate.
- In a group test, it is difficult to maintain a good relationship between the examiner and examinee.
These are the advantages and disadvantages of the Group Intelligence Test. Even with a few disadvantages, it is still the most widely used form of Intelligence test.