Back to: Childhood and Growing Up – Unit 3,4
Infancy is a period when children have mastery over many abilities. Teachers and parents should be able to recognize these potentials and try to enhance the same. A conducive learning environment is required for the child to develop and learn. Infancy is an important period to learn new things. It is the foundation of future learning and development and therefore, education is highly significant in the infancy period.
Educational Implications of Infancy Stage of Development
- Learning is a continuous and lifelong process. Infancy is a period which lays the foundation of learning and therefore, education during infancy is the building block for future learning.
- Infancy education fosters a passion for learning among children and also develops good habits in them.
- Infancy education also allows children to develop and improve their social skills.
- During this stage, education helps children to develop cooperation and they learn to share things with others.
- Early infancy education also allows children to become civil and respect the people and environment around them.
- Infancy education encourages children to participate in teamwork and therefore, their attitude towards teamwork improves.
- The experiences infants have during infancy education helps them to develop resilience and face challenges in the future.
- The repetitive tasks children perform during infancy education helps them to increase and improve their concentration.
- In the modern age, there is diversity in educational institutions and infancy education allows children to appreciate and accept diversity.
- Infancy education also allows children to develop their confidence and increase their self esteem.