Why is Social Service Important for Students? Essay on Social Service in School
Social services means to do something good for the society and the people in it. It is the duty of every citizen to be responsible towards their society. Educational institutions should inculcate the habit of doing social service in children from a young age. Social services teach students to be responsible citizens of the society. It makes students understand the value of serving others and helps them develop self-discipline and critical thinking skills. Participating in social services makes children good citizens and provides an opportunity to build relationships with others in the community. Volunteering in community service will make the students ready for their future by developing real-world skills that will help them succeed in school and beyond. Students will understand that their positive efforts will make a real impact in the world and encourage others to do so too.
Benefits of Community Service in School
By getting involved in community service, students can benefit in many ways:
- i. Students will be socially responsible from a young age.
- ii. They will learn to help others in need and understand the importance of giving back.
- iii. Gives an opportunity to use class learnings in real life.
- iv. Improves lifelong communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills.
- v. Helps students to figure out their passions and interests.
Impact of Social Services in a Student’s Life
- i. It will give the students a feeling of satisfaction when participating in social services. They will grow up in becoming caring and helpful citizens.
- ii. The time of students will be utilised wisely and efficiently rather than getting wasted in unnecessary things.
- iii. It will give a sense of motivation to students. They will have trust in their capabilities more and believe they can make an impactful change.
- iv. Social services develop enthusiasm in students to do more for the society and country. It inspires the students to keep doing more and better for the society and themselves.
Students are future of the country and should know how to care for their society. The future lies in the hands of the younger generation. They will work towards the development and betterment of the country in future. Therefore, students should know how to interact sociallyand have social responsibility. This can be done by introducing social services in schools and encouraging students to participate from a young age.