Teaching is the process of providing knowledge and discipline to the students. Teachers are the substitute for parents. They are the guides of children outside the home. Teachers help in the student’s growth and personal development, as well as work towards increasing their skills and creativity. It is through the teacher’s encouragement that students are dedicated to studying and thinking seriously about their careers.
Nature of Teaching Profession
The teaching profession is concerned with providing knowledge to an individual to make them ready for the future. Teaching is a profession that focuses on increasing the potential of students. Being in the teaching profession, the educator shares knowledge with the class in whichever field he/she specializes in. Sometimes, the teachers themselves get to learn something new while teaching. Teachers inculcate important life lessons to the students. Teachers play a huge role in a student’s life to help them succeed. It’s through their guidance that students can achieve their goals.
Basic Characteristics of Teaching Profession
Following are the basic characteristics of the teaching profession:
- Teaching is an interaction between teacher and students.
- Providing guidance and training to the students.
- Increases the knowledge, skills, and creativity of students.
- Helps in the self-development of the students.
- Teachers are a source of motivation and inspiration to the students.
- Teachers build confidence and increase the self-esteem of the students.
- Teachers cultivate obedience and discipline in the students.
- Helping the students to achieve their goals.
- Develop communication skills in the students.
- Teachers help in building future leaders with their guidance.
A good teacher has the power to change the lives of children. A teacher’s presence plays a vital role in shaping the students for their future. Teaching as a profession will not only allow the teachers to provide knowledge to the students but they too will be learning something new and expanding their knowledge through it.