The Government of Madhya Pradesh launched the Ladli Laxmi Yojana in 2007. The main aim of this scheme is to bring a change in the negative approach the society possesses towards the birth of a girl child. In addition to this, the main initiative was to increase the sex ratio and improve the education and health of the girl children as well.
- 1 Objectives of Mukhyamantri Ladli Yojana
- 2 Eligibility Criteria
- 3 Documents Required
- 4 Benefits of Mukhyamantri Ladli Yojana
Objectives of Mukhyamantri Ladli Yojana
Eradicate Child Mortality
The main aim of this scheme is to increase the birth rate of the girl child.
Improve Girl Child Ratio
It seeks to increase and improve the girl child ratio in the country.
Promote Girl Education
It aims to promote the education of the girl child so that they can have a secure future.
Eliminate Child Marriage
It seeks to get rid of the practice of child marriage existing in many parts of the country.
Empower Girl Child
It seeks to eliminate the various discriminating practices existing in the society against the girl child and empower them.
The girl will receive the following amount of financial aid for education:
The eligibility criteria for Mukhyamantri Ladli Yojana are as follows:
- The beneficiaries must be a native of Madhya Pradesh
- The scheme is applicable for girls who are not married before the age of 18.
- The scheme is applicable only for those below the poverty line.
The following documents are required to apply for this scheme:
- Birth certificates of child
- Bamashah card
- Application Form (duly filled)
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Aadhaar Card,
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, Telephone bill, etc.
- Passport-size photographs
- Bank account statement
- Application Procedure for the Scheme
Benefits of Mukhyamantri Ladli Yojana
The Rajasthan government will provide financial assistance under this scheme of a total amount of Rs. 1 lakh for the girl’s marriage.
Provision of Subsidy
The beneficiaries will receive the subsidy in their account at the time fixed by the government.
The government grants benefits by providing financial assistance to the parents when the first girl child is born.
The State Government allocates funds of Rs. 2221 crore to implement this scheme for the benefit of the girl child of the state.
The main aim of this scheme is to create sustainable growth for all the girl children that further helps with improving their standard of living in society.
One can apply for this scheme online as well as offline these days. It is mainly created to empower the development of the girl child.