Types and Advantages of skill-based education in India
Skill-based education refers to education that only provides knowledge about a certain theoretical subject and also enables learners to develop life skills that are necessary for survival. It facilitates better education and also enhances the learning process. It allows students to not only do well academically but excel at the work front too.
Types of Skill Based Learning
1. Problem-Based Learning: It is student centred and the students work in groups to study and solve an open ended problem.
2. Project-Based Learning: It is an instructional approach that gives students an opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through creative projects allowing them to solve real world problems.
3. Inquiry-Based Learning: It is a learning process that allows students to form real world connections through high level questioning and exploration.
4. Experiential Learning: It focuses on learning that takes place through experience.
5. Collaborative Learning: It involves students to work in a group so that everyone can participate and collaborate.
Advantages of Skill-Based Learning
1. Experiences: It gives students real life experiences so they can adapt to the workplace more effectively.
2. Creativity: It improves the creativity of the learners and encourages them to develop diverse interests.
3. Flexible: It closes the comprehension gap between students and learning. Their proficiency is proven by evaluation.
While getting degree is highly essential, getting skill based education is equally important if one needs to be successful.