The disadvantages of behaviorism theory of learning are as follows:
- Lack of Explanation: The theory does not fully explain the reason behind people feeling frightened of inexperienced things.
- Absence of Genetic Factors: The theory fails to take the innate and genetic factors into account.
- Lack of Cognitive Abilities: The behaviorist theory does not focus much on cognitive abilities.
- Controversial: Many researchers find the theory to be a bit controversial since it is based on animal research.
- Mechanistic: The instructional process of the behaviorist approach to learning is considered to be a bit mechanistic.
Read Full Lesson: The Behaviorist Theory of Learning in detail