The weaknesses of Vygotsky’s theory of cognitive development are as follows:
- Lack of Empirical Evidence: Many researchers state that the theory lacks empirical evidence.
- Offers Limited Solutions: The theory is learner centered due to which individuals with complex problems may not receive proper guidance.
- Lack of Conscious Awareness: The theory fails to take conscious awareness into account and acknowledge its importance.
- Not a Scientific Approach: Due to the lack of objective methods used in the approach, it is considered unscientific.
- Not Realistic: The theory is regarded to focus too much on positivity due to which it may not be highly realistic.
Read Full Lesson: Vygotsky’s cognitive development theory in detail