The characteristics of development during adolescence are as follows:
- Adolescence is a period of rapid biological and physical changes. These changes may leave the adolescents feeling confused.
- During adolescence, adolescents start becoming conscious about their physical appearance due to their rapid physical changes.
- The physical growth during adolescence may not be proportional.
- Sex glands or reproductive organs start functioning in the adolescence period.
- During adolescence, growth spurt occurs and some parts of the body can grow faster than the rest of the body.
Read Full Article: Developmental Pattern During Adolescence