What is NCFTE and explain the objectives of the framework?
- The National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education, 2009 is developed by the National Council for Teacher Education (N.C.T.E) which is an Indian government body. It works on bringing necessary changes to the National Council for Teacher Education. The chairman was Professor C.L. Anand.
- 1). Preparing teachers to be experts in their profession.
- 2). Look into the concerns underlying teacher education.
- 3). Ensuring quality education in every sphere, i.e., theoretical, practical,socio-economic, psychological, and philosophical.
- 4). Help in the continuous development of teachers in order to be good educators.
- 5). Make teachers capable of answering the queries of children during the class lessons.
- 6). Enabling teachers to not only refer textbooks while teaching in the classroom but also provide self known knowledge on the topic taught.
- 7). Recognizing the interests and potential of each student as a teacher and bringing out the best in them.
- 8). Enabling teachers to make proper use of the teaching resources and equipment.
Please login or Register to submit your answer