The problems faced by adolescents in India are as follows:
- In India, adolescents may feel stressed due to the narrow beliefs held by Indian culture.
- Due to the emphasis on Indian Brahmchara in India, adolescents can feel burdened.
- Adolescents are required to suppress their sexual urges as part of moral duty in India.
- The various rigid and conventional beliefs regarding sexual urges in India leads adolescents to be filled with fear and stress.
- Adolescents may also suffer role confusion and identity crisis.