E.F. Lindquist states, “Guidance is continuous process of helping the individual development to the maximum of his capacity in the direction most beneficial to himself and to society.” The causes for the need for guidance are as follows:
- Guidance is needed for better understanding of the self.
- Guidance allows individuals to recognise their talents and abilities.
- Guidance develops a sense of self-direction and resourcefulness in individuals.
- Guidance allows individuals to receive advice and information for their career.
- Guidance allows one to develop good habits and avoid undesirable attitudes.
Please login or Register to submit your answer