The major differences between guidance and counselling in nursing education are as follows:
- Guidance is comparatively broader and more comprehensive than counselling which is narrow and in-depth.
- Guidance is mostly developmental and preventive whereas counselling is mostly remedial and can be developmental and preventive as well.
- Guidance is mostly a distributive phase whereas counselling is mostly an adjustive phase.
- Guidance can be given in groups while counselling can be given in groups as well as individually.
- Guidance is an external process while counselling involves more inward analysis which enables learners to understand their educational problems and get alternative solutions.