The major differences between guidance and counselling in nursing education are as follows:
- Guidance is comparatively broader and more comprehensive than counselling which is narrow and in-depth.
- Guidance is mostly developmental and preventive whereas counselling is mostly remedial and can be developmental and preventive as well.
- Guidance is mostly a distributive phase whereas counselling is mostly an adjustive phase.
- Guidance can be given in groups while counselling can be given in groups as well as individually.
- Guidance is an external process while counselling involves more inward analysis which enables learners to understand their educational problems and get alternative solutions.
Please login or Register to submit your answer