- Development is the overall growth of a person with regards to mental, social, physical and psychological level.
- Development cannot be measured.
- Development has a set pattern but it can vary as it can be on different rate as per the individual.
- Development goes from general to specific.
- Development is a life-long process so it is continuous in nature.
- Development is an umbrella term which can hold every aspect including social to psychological.
- Development is more complex and comprehensive term than growth.
- The process of development is interrelated to many factors.
- Development denotes the qualitative changes.
- Development goes from concrete to abstract.