- The meaning of English words, phrases, sentences, and more can be learned easily by the students.
- It enriches the vocabulary of learners in English as learners may consult the Dictionary to learn the meaning of new words.
- Students can learn English with the help of their mother tongue.
- It promotes the skill of reading and comprehension because the textbook is the main component of this method.
- This method does not require many teaching and learning materials due to which it is cost-effective
- It is an unnatural method as it does not follow the natural order of learning which includes listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- It neglects the oral approach to language learning so they may not be able to develop proper expression in the foreign language.
- It does not offer pattern practice due to which students may read or write poorly despite knowing the grammar rules.
- This method is also considered to be mechanical and dull as it promotes rote memorization.
- This method also includes learning through translation which can delay the natural speech development of the learners while learning a foreign language.
Please login or Register to submit your answer