- Aurobindo’s contributions to the field of education is immense and can be classified in two ways: First, he gave a new dimension to the concept of “education” by making it not only about learning but also about self-realization.
- The term “education” was used before Aurobindo to mean learning.
- The concept of education as an integral part of the spiritual evolution of man was coined by Aurobindo.
- Secondly, he revolutionized the field of education by bringing in the concept of integral education.
- He believed that the entire field of education should be integrated into the process of spiritual evolution.
- Integral Education is a new concept introduced by Sri Aurobindo. It involves the integration of all the various aspects of human life including physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual.
- Integral education includes the complete development of every aspect of human being.
- Sri Aurobindo was the first to give a comprehensive definition of integral education in his book “The Synthesis of Yoga”.
- He wrote that integral education is “the development of the whole man in the context of the whole universe.“
Please login or Register to submit your answer