The main characteristics of Bruner’s cognitive development theory are as follows:
- Bruner’s cognitive development theory developed the concept of ‘readiness for learning’.
- Bruner's theory suggests that the learner’s experiences must be involved in the instructional process to develop a willingness to learn among students.
- Ease of learning is emphasized in this theory and therefore, structured learning is critical to help the students grasp knowledge easily.
- Learning by discovery is emphasized in Bruner's theory of intellectual development.
- Bruner’s theory involves the use of rewards and punishments in balance.
Please login or Register to submit your answer