The main characteristics of guidance and counselling are as follows:
- Guidance and counselling is a continuous process.
- Guidance and counselling is a process of giving assistance to individuals to overcome their personal and psychological difficulties.
- Although guidance and counselling are terms generally used together, they are not synonymous.
- Guidance and counselling takes real life situations into account and helps the individual accomplish his or her goals according to these situations.
- Counselling is a part of guidance and a specialised service of guidance.
Please login or Register to submit your answer