The weaknesses of Piaget’s cognitive development theory are as follows:
- The theory faces some issues when it comes to formal operations.
- Many research studies dispute the theory stating that not all children develop from one stage to another.
- Few researchers state that development takes place in a continuous process and not in stages.
- Research shows that environmental factors can influence children’s formal development.
- Many findings state that Piaget’s theory is based on the observation of a few children and not the entire population.
Please login or Register to submit your answer