- Richland, Frausel, and Begolli state, “Cognitive development has been defined as the construction of thinking processes from childhood through adolescence to adulthood.”
- Cognitive development refers to the way children think, explore, and observe the things around them.
- It involves the development of knowledge, disposition, and problem solving skills which helps them to get a better understanding of the world around them.
- Cognitive development includes brain development. Teachers must put efforts in trying to recognize the cognitive abilities of every learner and try to promote skills such as gaining information, recalling, and decision making.
- Practical tasks must be incorporated in the teaching learning method to encourage the learners to implement the knowledge in everyday life.
Please login or Register to submit your answer