The factors that affect the cognitive development during childhood are as follows:
- A child belonging to a good socio-economic background is likely to gain better educational attainment than someone who comes from a poor socio-economic background.
- Environment plays a key role in influencing the cognitive development of an individual. To ensure proper cognitive development in children, a motivating and encouraging environment is necessary.
- Piaget believes that the experiences children witness in the physical and real world has a major influence in their cognitive development.
- Nutrition plays an important role in affecting cognitive development. A nutritious and balanced diet is required to ensure the proper development of a child’s cognitive skills.
- The learning environment and opportunities a child is surrounded with can have a major influence in their cognitive development. A child who is given learning opportunities from an early age can reach milestones sooner.
Read Full Article: Factors Affecting Cognitive Development