The characteristics of the formal operational stage are as follows.
- During this stage, the thoughts start becoming increasingly abstract and flexible.
- Children start thinking about the consequences of their actions and start developing problem solving skills.
- Children start developing deductive reasoning which is the act of reasoning one or more statements to arrive at a logical conclusion.
- Children also start developing inductive reasoning which refers to the process of moving from specific observations to generalizations.
- In this stage, children also start understanding that the rules of a game are developed by mutual agreement.
Please login or Register to submit your answer