The main characteristics of the adolescence stage are as follows:
- Adolescence is a period of rapid biological and physical changes. These changes may leave the adolescents feeling confused.
- During adolescence, adolescents start becoming conscious about their physical appearance due to their rapid physical changes.
- During adolescence, adolescents also start developing cognitively and start attaining maturity.
- Adolescence is a period of identity crisis and identity search. Adolescents aim to have individuality and develop their identity.
- The physical changes in both girls and boys develops a feeling of attraction towards the opposite sex during adolescence.