The weaknesses of cognitive information theory are as follows:
- Absence of Nature: The cognitive information theory fails to take nature such as biological factors into account.
- Absence of Nurture: The cognitive information theory does not take nurture such as cultural factors into account.
- Mechanical: The cognitive information theory can be a little mechanistic since it heavily relies on the belief that rational thought processing results in behavior.
- Ignores Human Functioning: The theory can be a little ignorant and reductionist owing to the fact that it does not dwell on the human functioning complexity as compared to the functioning of computers.
- Deterministic: The approach tends to be deterministic as it states schemas determine humans.
Read Full Lesson: The Cognitive Information Processing Theory